Doha metro is an 85-KM railway network in Qatar. The…...
Doha metro is an 85-KM railway network in Qatar. The railway will include an east coast link, a high-speed link, a freight link and a light rail system. The railway will serve suburb of Doha and developments such as Lusail, Education city and West Bay.
Project Type : Railway
Project Duration From: Q1 2010 Estimated
To: Q1 2015 Estimated
Company : Deutsche Bahn, one of the world's leading railway services company.
Schedule : The project is Under Construction.
Estimated Value : 3bn USD
The Railways Project consists of the following:
1. The east coast rail link, a passenger and freight railway linking Ras Laffan and Mesaieed via Doha
2. The high speed link between the New Doha International Airport, Doha City Center, and Kingdom of Bahrain via the planned causeway bridge
3. The freight rail link based on the GCC rail and Doha expressway studies
4. The Doha Metro Network based on the Qatar Transport Master Plan
5. Light rail / people mover networks, such as Lusail, Education City and Westbay
A consolidated railway network will be based on state-of-the-art, safe and environment-friendly design technology that will fit the needs of Qatar while ensuring a close link with the local culture.
Work on the $5bn Sharq Crossing project, previously known as the Doha Bay crossing and expressway project, is advancing with the US-based Fluor Corporation winning…